Process: Make constriction transducer starting 2013-03-15 ending 2013-03-15

If you were logged in and working on this process, you would log your work on this page.

Outputs

Scheduled:

Unplanned Production:

Work

Planned Work: (Requirements are ordered by due date)

Unplanned Work:

Work event: Work - R&D optics 3.00 Time - Hours March 20, 2013 Done by Tibi

March 15
I am producing a constriction transducer. I am using the Fiber Splicer and the GQ power supply to power it, to create the constriction in the fiber.
To characterize the transducer, we are using the Mosquito (Demo version for now, perhaps something else for later).

I made one fiber constricited in 3 places. I tested it with the green laser to see if light comes out of the tip. The answer is YES.
The tip was coated. I am using this protocols made by Francois, but instead of shaking I am heating the solutions A, B and C, in order to accelerate precipitation to have small-grain deposition.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TQ8W5Rg2k-J61p6m-Q0gXte5FERstxPagtQFB2jMOgg/edit#heading=h.tozfukw3do9
The coating wend well. I made two complete transducers and tested them with the Mosquito Demo. One of them (the second, the longest one) was at least as sensitive as the joint-type transducer, the other one did not performed too well.

March 18
Made 2 more transducers. Logged 2 hours. I destroyed one transducer from last time which was not good and used the parts for a new one. Did not tested them. these transducers have 4 constriction zones.

March 19
I am testing the 2 transducers made on the 18th.
They are not bad, but I had some ideas to improve them.
I made 2 more.

Work event: Work - R&D optics 2.00 Time - Hours March 19, 2013 Done by Tibi

March 15
I am producing a constriction transducer. I am using the Fiber Splicer and the GQ power supply to power it, to create the constriction in the fiber.
To characterize the transducer, we are using the Mosquito (Demo version for now, perhaps something else for later).

I made one fiber constricited in 3 places. I tested it with the green laser to see if light comes out of the tip. The answer is YES.
The tip was coated. I am using this protocols made by Francois, but instead of shaking I am heating the solutions A, B and C, in order to accelerate precipitation to have small-grain deposition.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TQ8W5Rg2k-J61p6m-Q0gXte5FERstxPagtQFB2jMOgg/edit#heading=h.tozfukw3do9
The coating wend well. I made two complete transducers and tested them with the Mosquito Demo. One of them (the second, the longest one) was at least as sensitive as the joint-type transducer, the other one did not performed too well.

March 18
Made 2 more transducers. Logged 2 hours. I destroyed one transducer from last time which was not good and used the parts for a new one. Did not tested them. these transducers have 4 constriction zones.

March 19
I am testing the 2 transducers made on the 18th.

Work event: Work - R&D optics 2.00 Time - Hours March 16, 2013 Done by Tibi

March 15
I am producing a constriction transducer. I am using the Fiber Splicer and the GQ power supply to power it, to create the constriction in the fiber.
To characterize the transducer, we are using the Mosquito (Demo version for now, perhaps something else for later).

I made one fiber constricited in 3 places. I tested it with the green laser to see if light comes out of the tip. The answer is YES.
The tip was coated. I am using this protocols made by Francois, but instead of shaking I am heating the solutions A, B and C, in order to accelerate precipitation to have small-grain deposition.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TQ8W5Rg2k-J61p6m-Q0gXte5FERstxPagtQFB2jMOgg/edit#heading=h.tozfukw3do9
The coating wend well. I made two complete transducers and tested them with the Mosquito Demo. One of them (the second, the longest one) was at least as sensitive as the joint-type transducer, the other one did not performed too well.

Work event: Work - R&D optics 0.00 Time - Hours March 15, 2013 Done by Tibi

March 15
I am producing a constriction transducer. I am using the Fiber Splicer and the GQ power supply to power it, to create the constriction in the fiber.
To characterize the transducer, we are using the Mosquito (Demo version for now, perhaps something else for later).

I made one fiber constricited in 3 places. I tested it with the green laser to see if light comes out of the tip. The answer is YES.
The tip was coated. I am using this protocols made by Francois, but instead of shaking I am heating the solutions A, B and C, in order to accelerate precipitation to have small-grain deposition.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TQ8W5Rg2k-J61p6m-Q0gXte5FERstxPagtQFB2jMOgg/edit#heading=h.tozfukw3do9

Consumable Inputs

Unplanned Consumption:

Consumed: Prototype - Mosquito V3 Chinese parts 0.00 Each March 15, 2013
Consumed: Prototype - Mosquito PD-LD - Demo 3.00 Each March 15, 2013

Usable Inputs

Unplanned Use:

Used: Equipment - Power supply: Power supply GQ 2.00 Each March 15, 2013

Process context:

Pattern: Generic R&D
Context: Constriction transducer

Previous processes:

Create Prototype - Mosquito V3 Chinese parts starting 2013-02-03 ending 2013-02-03

Next processes:

Make Mosquito SS4 prototype starting 2014-01-21 ending 2014-07-31


Process notes:

Making and testing a constriction transducer