If you were logged in and working on this process, you would log your work on this page.
A new type of Mosquito using OzOptics parts and Frederic's driver.
work on this prototype
Worked with Nicolas and Jonathan.
Tried to test the OzOptics laser, using the Thorlabs driver,
but we could not measure any signal. We used the Chinese detector to measure the emission of the PzOptics laser.
We know that the Thorlabs laser driver works because we made a Chinese laser
work with it and detected its emission with the same Chinese detector. Conclusion, the OzOptics doesn't work.
The optical connections: The OzOptics laser is pigtailed with a polarization maintaining fiber, terminated with a brewster angle connector. We used a brewster angle to ST adapter to couple the OxOptics laser to the Chinese detector, which is itself pigtailed and terminated with an ST connector. We used an ST to ST sleeve
to connect the 2 ST connectors together.
Did we burn the OzOptics laser? We manipulated the laser with a lot of care, being grounded.
The connections of the laser to the Thorlabs driver were documented by Nicolas
Worked with Jonathan a few weeks ago on Frederic's electronics.
We did the first tests of the electronic board.
Assist Nicholas with integration, optical side.
Worked 3 hours on Feb 27th with Nicholas on the Mosquito SS4.
We used low cost LEDs and photodiodes to test Frederic's electronics.
We had some problems with an LED directly driven by Frederic's driver, intensity was too low.
We took Frederic's stand alone LED/Laser driver to drive another LED and we obtained a higher intensity.
We used the LabJack with my LabView program to acquire 3 signals from Frederic's circuit, the raw signal, the signal containing the division with the reference and ***. We tried to monitor the first two signals at the same time while varying the input LED intensity. The signal containing the division by the reference was varying too much with the input intensity. We thought that the gains needed to be adjusted.
Nick found this
Just a reminder that (PDR trimpot) R22 does not change the output voltage on U6B op amp. The output of U6B stayed at 14.5 volts. The trim pot (R22) did nothing to the output voltage. I used a multimeter to measure voltage (DC) between output of U6B and GND.
When i measure the output of the other op amp U6A (to GND) I was able to get an output voltage from approx 0v to 4.5V using trimpot R13.
I also tested the resistance of R22 trimpot (between wiper and terminal 1 or 3) with no power. I was able to see a change in resistance as I adjusted the wiper although I was not able to get the full 50k.
For these reasons we cannot get V(PDS)/V(PDR) to equal 1 which causes change trouble when adjusting laser intensity.
Worked with Tibi and Jonathan testing the Mosquito enhanced driver
tested different laser drivers in order to see if the oz optics laser was functional, result negative see documentation
finished testing frederic driver, foud problems, see doc.