If you were logged in and working on this process, you would log your work on this page.
This is a holistic approach for design. the output is a document describing design characteristics that take into consideration the output of the Design consideration stage.
The actual design work will be done in the next stage.
POZYX Board, Full Board Specification, Positioning duration and update rate of the reading data from the board, How to setup the board, how POZYX determine the position, Describe the main Interrupts used in POZYX board,describe in details the Register Map,Describe the main function of interface protocol,describe the main function (programming)that can be used to read data from the PROZYX board, finally, how to connect PROZXY shield with Arduino and how to program it.
A brief description of system components, and composing the section of electrical system based on the email discussion between Tibi and Alejandro
Proposing a system diagram that shows system components and how they integrate together
Design the mechanical layer of the SpiderRig device.
Design the electronic layer of the SpiderRig device.
Design the software layer of the SpiderRig device, including the motion control algorithm (Alejandro and Aref).
Meetings for better coordination
Meeting with Tibi on structuring the Design approach. I proposed a nice framework, we implemented it and Tibi communicated to the group.
Meeting with Tim on structuring the Design approach. Tim proposed a nice framework, we implemented it and communicated to the group.
Facilitation and coordination of the project
Spending time understanding the project and where and how to contribute
these contributions will be discarded is no other valuable contribution are made to the project
Phone conversation with Tibi on the project.
Send signals about progress and needs.
Revisited all the posts on social media (Facebook and Linkedin) and posted progress with a call for participation.
Context: Spider rig
Order: Work order 278 for Deliver the Spider Rig due: 2018-09-11
NOTE: you need to create specific design processes here (Design electronic, mechanical, optical or other)
This is a high-level design effort to take into consideration a few important elements. Note that these elements maintain important relations and they cannot be considered on an individual basis.
* Ecosystem: A reflection about standards to be used, based on a map of the ecosystem this product will be part of. The goal is interoperability.
* Lifecycle: A reflection about how this product will be used and who it will end its life. Is it modular and used in conjunction with other things (see System)? Is it a "perpetual product" (i.e. the user is able repair and to update/upgrade it) and if so, how easy it is to be updated/upgraded? Will it be possible to recycle parts of the product to be used in other applications once the product becomes obsolete? Is it recyclable? Is this product meant to be shared by a group of individuals during its lifetime?
* Business model: A reflection about how the product is generating value for the community that designs and supports it. Is the value capturing mechanism based on service? Is this a product that is owned or rented? Is the product serviced on site or remotely? Is this product labeled as a sustainable product (local, ethical, environmentally friendly).
* Manufacturing: A reflection about supply chain and fabrication. What are the optical supply chain and parts in order to reduce cost and environmental impact. What the best fabrication technology/method? How important is quality?
* System: a reflection about how the thing will be put together.
* Environment: A reflection the environment in which the product will evolve
* User effects: a reflection about how the product is handled by the user and how the user can affect the integrity of the product
OUTPUT: Design considerations - a file
Desired design characteristics
* Shareable (the sharing economy)
* Modular (perpetual products and customizable) - see this link about a specific effort to define a standard for scientific parts.
* Interoperable (standards)
* Socializable (offer value through social interactions and communities)
See product design philosophy doc
We should always tink larger than the project. There are different dimensions that we can identify.
! Synergy with other SENSORICA projects
! Spinoffs (modules that can take a life of their own)
! Parallel opportunities
! Network building - cohesion, activity level, energy...
! Network of network consolidation - build bridges with other networks