Contributions for Project Ramy project
 
Date Type From Resource Type Qty URL Description Process Deliverables
April 28, 2016 Time Contribution Tibi Engineering work 3.50 HR Software debugging with Jim and Ramy. We had some problems for the run and stop of the motors. We understood that in digital read mode there was some signal bouncing that was miss triggering the motors or skip stopping the motors. We forked the code to analog read with a bandgap, and Ramy found another problem. We think we fixed it at the and. https://github.com/Sensorica/I-feel-like-a-potato-in-the-mist I also rearranged a few sensors and replaced a paper guide. Prototyping stage
April 28, 2016 Time Contribution Jim Engineering work 2.50 HR Software debugging with Tibi and Ramy. We had some problems for the run and stop of the motors. We understood that in digital read mode there was some signal bouncing that was miss triggering the motors or skip stopping the motors. We forked the code to analog read with a bandgap, and Ramy found another problem. We think we fixed it at the and. https://github.com/Sensorica/I-feel-like-a-potato-in-the-mist Prototyping stage
April 22, 2016 Time Contribution Tibi Engineering work 2.00 HR Helped Ramy with mechanics. built another paper guide from an aluminum plate, installed the sensor on it, provided assistance with fixing the rollers to the structure. Prototyping stage
April 15, 2016 Time Contribution Tibi Engineering work 3.00 HR testing the entire system, with Jim and Ramy, some software adjustments, all saved in Github. https://github.com/Sensorica/I-feel-like-a-potato-in-the-mist Prototyping stage
April 14, 2016 Time Contribution Jim Engineering work 2.50 HR Worked with Ramy and Tibi on setting up the motors and the sensors. We tested them with the Arduino board. Everything works, we stopped short of testing the entire Arduino program. Prototyping stage
April 14, 2016 Time Contribution Tibi Engineering work 3.50 HR Worked with Ramy and Jim on setting up the motors and the sensors. We tested them with the Arduino board. Everything works, we stopped short of testing the entire Arduino program. Prototyping stage
April 9, 2016 Time Contribution Tibi Engineering work 4.00 HR More mechanical work, added the sensor to the tray that I installed on the second roller. Ramy was there with me. Prototyping stage
April 7, 2016 Time Contribution Tibi Engineering work 4.00 HR Mechanics : sensor attachment to rollers, built tray for guiding paper into one roller. A bot of electronics: soldered connectors to the motor shield, tested the sensors. Prototyping stage
March 30, 2016 Time Contribution Jim Engineering work 0.25 HR Debug the Arduino motor shield - helped Ramy and Tibi to figure out how to drive a DC motor, we found that there was a jumper that was missing on the board. Prototyping stage
March 30, 2016 Time Contribution Tibi Engineering work 1.50 HR Creation of a mini board for the sensors, and mounting of this board on top of the Arduino motor shield. Soldering of pin connectors on the Arduino motor shield. Worked with Ramy. Prototyping stage
March 30, 2016 Time Contribution Tibi Engineering work 1.50 HR Mechanical assembly of paper guides and optical sensors. Prototyping stage
March 23, 2016 Time Contribution Tibi Programming for product work 1.50 HR Arduino programming Prototyping stage
March 22, 2016 Time Contribution Tibi Engineering work 1.00 HR Mechanical mount of the roller on a 2x4 wood structure Prototyping stage
March 17, 2016 Time Contribution Jim Engineering work 1.00 HR Worked with Tibi and Ramy online, gave input on the pseudo code and some design considerations. Prototyping stage
March 17, 2016 Time Contribution Tibi Engineering work 3.00 HR Worked on integrating the IR limit switches into the design, we did some physical tests with the Arduino to see if they can support long wires. Also produced a pseudo code for the entire system. Prototyping stage
March 16, 2016 Time Contribution Tibi Administration work 0.25 HR Email exchanges, purchasing of parts.
March 11, 2016 Time Contribution Jim Engineering work 3.50 HR Worked on a H-bridge to drive a DC motor in both directions. If we get this working fast, we can test the rollers with the sensors, before Ramy orders a motor driver or shield. Prototyping stage
March 10, 2016 Time Contribution Tibi Engineering work 3.50 HR Worked mostly on mechanics. Replaced a broshless motor with a DC motor on the second roller, and tested it. Prototyping stage
March 9, 2016 Time Contribution Tibi Engineering work 1.50 HR Implemented the MOSFET unidirectional and variable speed option, tested, works, communicated results and some recommendations. [double time from Sensor Networks] Prototyping stage
March 9, 2016 Time Contribution Tibi Design Electronics work 1.00 HR Worked on the design, identified different options for running motors, asked Ramy to reflect on choosing one of them. I documented all this and shared with Ramy and Jim https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-8ojqnpJe1EBwn32ZUQcUJvUMKZOxGR0SnHDlBJlx-E/edit#heading=h.7cbs3km270pe Product design stage
March 3, 2016 Time Contribution Tibi General product design work 1.50 Idea Worked with Ramy at the SENSORICA lab. Made some planning, created documents, worked on design considerations. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-8ojqnpJe1EBwn32ZUQcUJvUMKZOxGR0SnHDlBJlx-E/edit Design considerations